Billings, MT- Registration is open for the 32nd Annual Big Sky State Games. Most sports fall on the weekend of July 14-16 in Billings.
This multi-sport festival for amateur athletes of all ages and skill levels draws 10,000 athletes each year. Elite, junior, senior and recreational athletes of all ages compete for medals in 37 sports.
Online registration is available at bigskygames.org along with complete registration information, accommodation information and event details. Entry booklets for the Big Sky State Games are available at the following locations: First Interstate Bank (Belgrade, Billings, Bozeman, Colstrip, Eureka, Gardiner, Great Falls, Hamilton, Hardin, Helena, Kalispell, Lame Deer, Livingston, Miles City, Missoula, Polson, Red Lodge, and Whitefish), Wendy's (Billings, Bozeman, Butte, Great Falls, Helena, Kalispell, Miles City, and Missoula), Gainan's (Billings), Scheels (Billings and Great Falls).
The majority of the sports offered by the Big Sky State Games have a June 30 registration and T-shirt deadline. Early sign up is encouraged and ensures the best price.
Regional qualifying tournaments for Scholastic Volleyball Divisions (Grades 9-12) will be held: June 17 in Helena and July 7 in Billings. Scholastic Volleyball entries close June 8 for Helena and June 23 for Billings. The Scholastic Volleyball (Grades 9-12) Finals will be in Billings on July 8.
Events that fall outside the main State Games weekend include:
- Shooting 5 -Stand, June 3, at Blue Creek Sport Shooting Complex.
- Shooting Sport Clays, June 3, at Blue Creek Sport Shooting Complex.
- Scholastic Volleyball (Grades 9-12) qualifying tournaments are July 7 in Billings at Senior High School and Billings Central High School, and June 16 in Helena at Helena High School.
- Scholastic Volleyball Finals (Grades 9-12) July 8, Billings MT.
- Summer Biathlon and Mountain Bike Biathlon July 9 at Bohart Ranch in Bozeman. Summer Biathlon 10:00 a.m., Mountain Bike Biathlon is 1:30 p.m.
- Wrestling, July 22, at West High School, starting at 9:30 a.m.
- Shooting Cowboy Action Shooting July 22 at the Billings Rod and Gun Club starting at 8:00 a.m.
- Fencing will be September 1-4 at the YWCA.
- Shooting Action Shooting Sports (Pistol/.22 Rifle) June 3-4, at Blue Creek Sport Shooting Complex.
- Skeet Shooting (non-registered & registered) June 4, Blue Creek Sport Shooting Complex in Billings starting at Noon.
Events that take place outside of Billings during the weekend of the Big Sky State Games include:
- Roller Skating will be in Great Falls, Saturday, July 15, at the Wheels of Thunder Skating Center
- Rugby will be in Missoula, Saturday, July 15 (16 if needed), at Fort Missoula Regional Park
- Swimming will be in Bozeman, July 14, 15, and 16, at the Bozeman Swim Center
The States Games Opening Ceremony is Friday, July 14 at Wendy's Field at Daylis Stadium in Billings. Wendy's sponsors the Opening Ceremonies.
The Big Sky State Games Major Sponsors are First Interstate Bank, Kampgrounds of America, and BlueCross BlueShield of Montana. For more information, visit bigskygames.org or call (406) 254-7426.